Plan My Move: Great PCS Moving Checklists & More
If you’ve received new orders, it’s time to fire up a powerful tool that can help you take charge and master your move. Plan My Move is a Department of Defense online tool that simplifies the moving process, breaking it down into clear, manageable steps for both experienced and first-time movers, as well as family members and loved ones.
Plan My Move helps you create personalized moving checklists, and offers tips about housing, transportation, finances and more. This online tool puts you and your family in charge of a smooth relocation to your new duty station.
Personalized moving task lists and tips
Plan My Move is easy to use. Simply answer a few questions and the tool creates lists tailored to your unique needs. As you provide more details about your upcoming move, your checklists will become more detailed as well. New features enable you to:
- Choose whether to view your tasks by topic, or in a chronological timeline
- Edit checklist items
- Add checklist items
- Rearrange the order of checklist items with drag and drop
- Revisit and continue previously saved checklists(s)
- Save your checklist in a variety of formats
Need more info about your new duty station?
The MilitaryINSTALLATIONS website is your one-stop shop for information on DOD installations worldwide, for all service branches. Check out how easy it is to find resources and contacts for your current installation, or for the one where you’re being reassigned. You can:
- Search a directory of installations and services, complete with websites, maps, program offices, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Create your own downloadable personalized installation booklet with the information you are most interested in, such as check-in procedures, housing, child and youth programs, transportation and more.
- Eligible users can log in to get local community information about schools, amenities and home values.
Want to talk to a live person?
Military OneSource can help answer questions about allowances and benefits, COVID-19 travel restrictions, housing, schools, spouse employment and more. Consultants are available 24/7/365. Call 800-342-9647, use OCONUS dialing options, or start a live chat.
In addition to Military OneSource, your installation Relocation Assistance Program can also help you plan for a successful move. Learn how to put the military Relocation Assistance Program to work for you.
Tap into all the available relocation resources and master your next move.