Our dedicated volunteers come from all walks of life. We are business executives, civic leaders, and patriotic citizens. Your involvement, with as little as a few hours a month, can improve the employer relations of the brave men and women that place themselves in harm’s way, leave their families and put their careers on hold as they preserve our way of life.
Some of our volunteer activities include:
- Employer outreach: Develop relationships with employers to promote advocacy for service in the National Guard and reserve.
- Ombudsman: Assist in preventing, reducing or resolving employer or service member misunderstandings regarding employment rights and responsibilities.
- Public affairs: ESGR public affairs volunteers work with military and civilian media organizations to promote public understanding of the ESGR mission.
- Military unit representative: Inform and educate members of the National Guard and reserve regarding their employment rights and responsibilities under USERRA.
National Guard members and their civilian employers form an alliance that is essential to our nation’s national security. These brave men and women perform critical roles in disaster relief efforts at home and continue to serve around the world to ensure our freedom. They could not perform their critical mission without support from people just like you.
As an ESGR volunteer, you become a contributing citizen to our national security. Besides helping your community, volunteer hours also count towards the President’s Volunteer Service Award, which recognizes the valuable contributions volunteers make in our communities.
How to become an ESGR volunteer
In order to become a volunteer, you will need to download and complete the following forms and send them to your state’s ESGR Field Committee. Please visit our Contact page for your state’s address and phone number. You may download all of the following volunteer forms compressed into a Zip file or you can download each file separately below:
- Privacy Act Statement Release Form
- Volunteer Application Form
- Volunteer Agreement Form (DD2793)
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Once completed, fell free to send the forms via regular mail to your state’s ESGR Field Committee. We look forward to having you become part of our team!.
Already a volunteer?
For existing volunteers, ESGR has the following resources available: