Non-medical Counseling Surge Request Form:
- Non-Medical Counseling resources are centrally managed by the Non-Medical Counseling Program Office within the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy.
- Military OneSource, Military & Family Life Counselors, Child & Youth Behavioral, and Personal Financial Counselors support is available to active duty, National Guard and reserve members and their families regardless of activation status.
- On-demand events are those events that last up to three days for the Active, National Guard and Reserve Components.
- Examples of on-demand events are Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Programs, drill weekends, family events, annual training and marriage retreats.
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
- Submit a support request
- In order to request support for an event, the criteria below must be met.
- All requests for on-demand resources must be submitted at least 15 working days before the event occurs.
- All information requested on the form (to include confirmation of event location) must be completed and received within ten working days of the event or the request may be disapproved.
- Resource guidelines require that a minimum of 25 eligible attendees be expected to attend an event in order for in-person support to be present.
- Adult MFLCs & CYB MFLCs are required to have a minimum of six direct face-to-face contacts daily, and PFCs are required to have four direct face-to-face contacts daily.
- If in-person Military OneSource support cannot be provided, virtual support, including webinar, telephonic, train-the-trainer, and materials only will be offered.
- If your request is approved, our vendors will provide you with the contact information for each representative supporting your event within seven days of the event start date.
- OSD must be informed of any event/resource cancellation no less than six days before the event.
- Each event point of contact is responsible for ensuring that OSD has current information, including but not limited to dates/cancellations, points of contact, number of attendees, and related information.
- Every request is reviewed and staffed based on its own merit.