- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Your Future, Your Benefits
Learn about the many benefits and entitlements that are available to you through Veterans Affairs and our government partners.
Transition Assistance Advisors maintain a large number of resources to help you and your family receive services to fulfill your specific needs. Jump ahead to the benefits and entitlements provided for the National Guard and Veteran community by clicking on the categories below.
Do you have an Individual Transition Plan?
An Individual Transition Plan ensures you have some ideas in place to help you prepare for the changes that may occur throughout your career in the National Guard. Before looking at your benefits and entitlements, have some questions prepared:
- What are your goals after leaving the military?
- Where do you plan to live?
- Do you need to continue your education or training?
- Will the job market, where you plan to relocate, provide you the employment you’re seeking?
- Do you have the right skills to compete for the job(s) you’re seeking?
- Will your spouse and family goals be met at your new location?
- Are you financially prepared to transition at this time?
- What do you plan to do for health care?
- How will you address the need for life insurance?
- Which benefits are you planning to use?
If you don’t have answers to these questions yet, a Transition Assistance Advisor can help you line up your options.
- Applying for other VA entitlements and benefits such as compensation and pension for disabilities, insurance, loan guarantee, vocational rehabilitation/employment and educational benefits
- Providing access to National Guard entitlements and health care in both the Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs medical facilities
- Acquiring TRICARE benefits while you are on active duty and when you return as an Operation Enduring Freedom or Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran
- Managing important deadlines that require your action while still on active duty and as a veteran so you don’t miss time-sensitive opportunities (like TRICARE Registration, Disability Claim Deadlines, Social Security, etc.)
- Enrollment in dental care programs (time-sensitive benefit)
- Referral for safe and confidential counseling services for you and your family
- Referral for possible compensation for injuries or illness sustained in OEF and OIF
- Insurance information such as Servicemembers Group Life Insurance, Traumatic Servicemembers Group Life Insurance, and Family Service Members Group Life Insurance
- Rehabilitative care management needed to help you improve your lifestyle
- Assistance with job search and connection with NGB Employer Support for rights of employment
- Assistance in connecting you to the Veterans Benefits Administration and Transition Assistance Advisor to file disability claims
- Assistance in the event of financial hardship, health care issues or unemployment needs
- Assistance with locating your medical records, DD 214s and other needed documents
If you have returned from deployment in pain, or have a service-related injury, medical help and support is available. Learn about the benefits and services available to help service members and veterans receive treatment, find coverage, and heal.
- Eligibility and enrollment
- Medical services and medication
- VA Medical programs
- Counseling services
- Vocational services
Recognizing the sacrifices you and your family have made in service to our country, Veterans Affairs provides entitlements and assistance to ensure you return to your civilian life on the right footing. Learn how the VA supports your employment, financial status, and more.
- Compensation and pension
- Education/GI Bill
- Home loans
- Vocational rehabilitations
- Life insurance
- Funeral services