- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Military youth get to develop skill sets other children and teens never learn. As a parent, one of your jobs is to help your children cope in healthy ways to changing circumstances. This includes family member deployments, moves and new schools.
Luckily, you and your children can turn to Military Kids Connect. Military families have access to this engaging website that helps children connect to an online community of other military youth. They can prepare for upcoming moves, discuss healthy relationships and well-being, and have fun with lots of games and other activities. The site also has resources parents and teachers may appreciate.
Safe online space for children to connect on military life
Military Kids Connect offers a safe space and engaging tools and games. It helps children, preteens and teens prepare for the challenges around family transitions, including moves and deployment.
- Forums and blogs for children to share their own ideas, experiences and suggestions with other military children
- Websites, programs and other resources helping youth appreciate military life
- Videos of military children telling their stories
- Monitored social message boards for tweens and teens (parent’s approval is required)
- Virtual scrapbook, interactive world maps and recipes from around the world
- Games, challenges and projects to help youth keep busy and reduce stress
- Tours of your next installation and more
Handy stuff for parents and teachers
Military Kids Connect also has great information to help parents, educators and providers understand what it takes to support military children at home and at school.
- Suggestions and resources to help connect with your children
- Military culture videos and lesson plans for teachers to better understand the differences between military and civilian youth
- Resources, tips and advice for handling tough stuff like grief, loss and injury
- Information on identifying behaviors when children and teens are under stress and how to help them
- Strategies to help children of all ages cope with the stress of deployment
- Information about website safeguards and parental controls
Check out and bookmark Military Kids Connect, and connect with other families like yours. For additional help, confidential services — including non-medical counseling and specialty consultations — are available 24/7 through Military OneSource. Call 800-342-9647, view international calling options or schedule a live chat today.