- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Commissary and Exchange – Resources
Most service members and their families know about the cost savings available to them by shopping at their commissaries and military exchanges. But the benefits include more than just savings. Check out the other resources commissaries and exchanges provide.
- Click2Go is an online shopping and curbside pickup service. It provides you greater access to your commissary benefit, anytime or anywhere.
- Sales flyer is a list of what’s on sale for the week.
- Commissary Connection is a newsletter with updates for your local commissary. It offers the latest commissary news, promotions and events.
- Coupon links are links to all kinds of coupons on different sites, such as MyMilitarySavings.com.
- Healthy recipes are meal solutions for planning weekly dinners or for last-minute ideas.
- Sales and events are special offers and promotions.
- Go green is a Defense Commissary Agency initiative to cut energy costs and protect the environment. The commissary builds energy-efficient stores and recycles whenever possible.
Guard/reserve on-site sales option
For National Guard or reserve service members who live far from an installation, the Defense Commissary Agency created the commissary on-site sales option. This is how it works:
- A host commissary coordinates with a National Guard or reserve component unit of at least 150 local members.
- The team sets the sale’s location, date and the items that will be on sale.
- The on-site sale targets National Guard and reserve service members. But any authorized personnel can enjoy the sale — and the extra savings.
- Members get the same price that commissary shoppers receive. They can reap 30% or more in savings compared with civilian grocery store shoppers.
It matters where you shop. Exchanges deliver tax-free shopping and military-exclusive pricing to service members and families. The exchange returns 100% of its earnings to the military communities it serves, supporting services such as combat uniforms at cost, mobile field exchanges in contingency locations, school lunches for military dependents at Department of Defense Education Activity schools and more.
Visit these available exchanges to shop online:
- AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service): Shop My Exchange and AAFES store locator
- MCX (Marine Corps Exchange): My MCX and MCX store locator
- NEX (Navy Exchange Service Command): My Navy Exchange and NEX store locator
- CGX (Coast Guard Exchange): CGX and CGX store locator
Exchanges provide the following resources:
- Shop safely in store or online. You can shop 24/7 through secure websites and get free shipping on purchases over $49 or for items purchased with your Military STAR® credit card. You can also shop online and pick up curbside or in the store.
- Pay and return easily. Your exchange accepts all major credit cards, your Military STAR® card or personal checks (with an ID). Most exchanges have generous return policies.
- Get all your uniform needs. Exchanges provide military uniforms at cost and are the authorized source of uniforms produced by government-approved vendors that meet uniform quality standards and comply with regulatory specifications.
- Find healthy choices. Exchanges takes a holistic approach to providing healthy options such as health-conscious dining, grab-and-go and an assortment of fitness gear and wellness services.
- Stay updated on your community events. Each online exchange offers information for military communities with local installation events, celebrity interviews, military family resources, promotions and more.
- Apply for a job. The exchanges offer military spouse preference in hiring. They also offer competitive pay and benefits. Benefits for regular full-time and part-time associates include paid vacation and sick leave.
- Pay it forward with military relief funds. Some exchanges offer shoppers the ability to donate at the register year-round to a military relief fund.
- Ask for price matching. Each exchange offers price matching. Check the online policies before you shop, so you know how to get the best deal.
The status of forces agreement
When you spend time in another country as a service member, the status of forces agreement between the United States and your host country protects your legal status as military personnel in another nation. Luckily for active-duty service members, the SOFA covers your privilege to shop in military stores.