MWR Digital Library Helps Relieve COVID-19 Cabin Fever
Current as of March 19, 2020
The risk of COVID-19 is causing many of us to spend more time at home. You may get by for a while watching TV or playing board games, but when cabin fever starts to set in, you can tap into a whole other world of entertainment from the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library.
Free to service members and their families, the Digital Library offers an incredible array of resources to keep adults, teens and children busy and engaged. And if your kids are off from school, there are plenty of learning resources to help them keep up. Here’s a small sample of what you’ll find:
Titles and resources for adults
- Ancestry® Library allows you to unlock the story of your family with billions of U.S. and international records.
- BrainHQ can help improve your brain health with clinically proven personalized brain training exercises.
- EBSCO Audiobook Collection offers more than 2,000 audiobooks in different subjects and categories available for download.
- EBSCO eBook Collection contains more than 3,000 titles in the areas of fiction, history, health and medicine, self-help, business, economics, law and more.
- EBSCO Learning Express provides eLearning tutorials, practice tests, e-books, flashcards and articles that help users build their skills in a wide array of core subjects for success in the classroom, on the job, and in life, including preparation for CLEP, DSST, ACT, SAT, GRE and more.
- Fold3 Library Edition is a premier collection of historical U.S. military records and unique military content, bringing to life the details of America’s military veterans with stories, photos and personal documents, from the Revolutionary War through today.
- Kanopy provides access to more than 30,000 award-winning films and documentaries anywhere, anytime with any device.
- Mango Languages is a digital language learning program for learners of all levels, with courses in more than 70 different foreign languages, 21 English language courses and 44 specialty courses.
- RBdigital Magazines allows you to read or download a large assortment of popular news and special interest digital magazines on your PC, smartphone or laptop.
- Stingray Qello Concerts offer the world's largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand, from classical to rock, reggae to country.
- U.S. Major Dailies provides full-text, same day publication access to five major U.S. newspapers.
COVID-19 may be shutting down a lot of things, but the MWR Digital Library is always open. Just log into your Military OneSource account or create a username and password to get started and enjoy browsing.