If you’re looking for deals on travel and recreation, consider taking advantage of your military discounts. Your military ID is your ticket to military resorts, discount flights, vacation packages and more.
Access fun with Information, Tickets and Travel
Your installation’s Information, Tickets and Travel office is where you’ll find discounts on recreational activities. You’ll need to provide proof of your Department of Defense connection with one of the following:
- Your military ID
- Your leave and earning statement
Once you’ve provided proof, you and your family can begin to receive military discounts on:
- Local attraction tickets
- Destination attraction tickets
- Concerts and sporting events
- Day trips and tours
- Rental cars
- Leisure travel services
Avoid extra costs such as tax or facility fees with exclusive offers available only to service members. Your installation’s website may also feature a price list that allows you to:
- Browse available attractions, events and destinations
- Compare prices
Claim your discounts through American Forces TravelSM
Save some cash when booking your next family vacation through American Forces Travel.SM AFT offers service members, eligible family members and DOD civilians discounts on:
Veterans Can Save Too
Beginning July 16, 2021, the Department of Defense is expanding online American Forces Travel shopping to include honorably discharged veterans.
- Hotels (up to 60% off)
- Rental cars (discounts of$10-$18 per day)
- Vacation packages
- Cruise packages (up to 80% savings)
- Event tickets (concerts, sporting and theater)
“Get Military Discounts on Vacations Through American Forces TravelSM” offers more information.
Find military lodging and resorts around the world
Military families are eligible to use military lodging around the world. These facilities can range from cottages on the beach to world-class resorts. They also offer affordable, safe and fun places to vacation. Keep in mind your status will usually determine when and how your reservation can be made. Available facilities include:
- Installation lodging is located mostly on military installations. Service members traveling on official business or families with permanent change of station orders use these. Lodging may be available for leisure travel on a space available basis.
- Recreation facilities are great for families interested in both short or long getaways. These offer lodging, rental equipment, tours and other activities at a thrifty rate.
- Military resorts are located in popular destinations such as Disney World® and Hawaii. They are also located in areas with a large military presence such as Japan, Korea and Germany.
- You can usually make reservations, but you should plan ahead when traveling during peak periods.
- Rates will be based on rank and duty status. They are generally lower than comparable civilian lodging.
- Nongovernment-owned hotels are managed by private nonprofit organizations. These hotels serve active-duty and former service members.
Planning your getaway
You should research military lodging in the area you want to visit, as well as the amenities and reservation policies. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Find the best time to go. If you plan on visiting a resort during peak vacation periods, make your reservations early. Some lodging facilities prioritize reservations by branch of service, duty station or status.
- Use military lodging and service branch websites for space available reservations, including:
- Army MWR travel and Army lodging
- Marine Corps Community Services travel and Inns of the Corps
- Navy Lodges and Navy Getaway Inns & Suites
- Air Force Information Tickets & Travel and Air Force Inns (also for Space Force use)
- Take advantage of leisure services. Many facilities offer services such as restaurants, boat rentals, ski equipment rental, area tours and discount tickets to area attractions. Before making your reservations, ask about available services and if they require advance reservations.
If you need travel inspiration or help finding military discounts, you can call Military OneSource and speak with one of our consultants at 800-342-9647. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options.