- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Feb. 26, 202141 Minutes
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Education Special Needs and Early Intervention Services
In this episode, our subject matter experts offer information, tips and resources focused on services associated with educational special needs and early intervention services and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, or IDEA. The information can help you navigate between the special education needs of your family member and the demands of living a military life. You’ll also learn more about the education checklists available on the EFMP & Me tool and how to use them.
This episode is part of the Office of Special Needs EFMP Podcast.
- Advance Enrollment for Military Children
- Department of Defense Education Activity
- Early Intervention Services
- Educational and Developmental Intervention Services
- EFMP & Me
- Free Appropriate Public Education
- Individual Education Program
- Individualized Family Service Plan
- Least restrictive environment
- Military treatment facilities
- Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
- Related services
- Special Care Organizational Record
Experts share information for military families with special needs members.