- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Dec. 6, 202127 Minutes
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Preparing for Deployments
Deployment is a fact of military life but each deployment is different and every family member may react differently to deployment. Being prepared can help ease the stress and give you confidence in your ability to prepare, adapt and overcome challenges you or your family members might face. Knowing the resources available and where to go if you need assistance can ease you through the deployment and help you look ahead to reunion and reintegration.
This episode is part of the Office of Special Needs EFMP Podcast.
- EFMP & Me Preparing for Deployment and Discussing Deployment With Your Child checklists
- Plan My Deployment
- EFMP Family Support
- Military and Family Support Center
- Military Family Life Counseling Program
- Military Family Readiness System
- Military OneSource Non-medical Online Counseling
- Military OneSource special needs consultants
- Peer-to-Peer Support Specialists
- Child and Youth Behavioral Military and Family Life Counselors
- Special Care Organizational Records
Experts share information for military families with special needs members.