- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Helping Someone in CrisisBy Military OneSourceMarch 17, 20173 Minutes
If you suspect someone you know may be in an abusive relationship, take action to help. Military OneSource hosts this Helping Someone in Crisis podcast. Listen in to this podcast to learn ways to help those in crisis and to know more about support resources.
Visit Military OneSource at https://www.militaryonesource.mil/products/five-ways-to-help-a-friend-whos-experiencing-domestic-abuse-860/ to learn about the resources and support available to service members and families.
Check out these resources for ways to help a friend affected by abuse:
- United Against Domestic Abuse landing page
- Five Ways to Help a Friend Who’s Experiencing Domestic Abuse PDF
- A Safe Space for Relationship Help: The Family Advocacy Program
Connect with the following resources to get immediate help for domestic abuse:
This episode is part of the Military OneSource Podcast.
- Visit or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233 (callers can speak with victim advocates en Español and more than 140 other languages).
- Find local, 24/7 support via the Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator.
- Connect a teen with support at Love is Respect | Text “LOVEIS” to 866-331-9474.
Military life topics including deployment, PCS, recreation, relationships, finances, parenting, etc.