The Military and Family Life Counseling Program provides non-medical and financial counseling, briefings and presentations for active-duty service members, National Guard and reserve service members (regardless of their activation status) and their families. On-demand support is a flexible service delivery option that is ideal for service members and their families who do not live near an installation.
Military and family life counselors, child and youth behavioral military and family life counselors and personal financial counselors provide on-demand support at events for one to three days. Events include, but are not limited to:
- Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Programs
- Drill weekends
- Family events
- Annual training
- Marriage retreats
Requesting on-demand support
Service providers can request on-demand support through the Resource Request System. Support for on-demand events must meet the following criteria:
- Requests for support need to be submitted at least 15 business days before the event is scheduled.
- The event point of contact must provide an event address at least 10 business days prior to the event.
- Requests cannot be submitted earlier than 180 calendar days prior to the event.
- Each event must anticipate that a minimum of 50 eligible individuals will be attending. Adult military and family life counselors and child and youth behavioral military and family life counselors are required to have a minimum of six direct, face-to-face contacts daily, and personal financial counselors are required to have four direct, face-to-face contacts daily for confidential counseling sessions.
Once your event is approved
Each individual request for on-demand support is reviewed and staffed based on its own merit. After your event is approved:
- Vendors will provide the point of contact with contact information for a representative at least seven business days before the event.
- The point of contact is responsible for keeping the non-medical counseling program office updated with current event information, such as expected number of attendees and contact information for all other points of contact.
- The point of contact is also responsible for notifying the non-medical counseling program staff of any event changes or cancellations within six days of the event.
Other options for on-demand support
Military OneSource representatives can also support on-demand events by delivering presentations on confidential non-medical counseling and other services available through Military OneSource.
If in-person support is unavailable for an event, Military OneSource offers virtual support through the following options:
- Materials only
On-demand support provides the flexibility for more service members and their families to access non-medical and financial counseling, regardless of whether they live on or near an installation. By increasing the availability of these services, more people can get the resources they need to tackle life’s challenges.
Fill out a resource request form for up to three days of on-demand support.
Check out the Military and Family Life Counseling Program's Presentation Library for more great resources.