- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
The Department of Defense recently launched the Military Spouse Transition Program, or MySTeP, an online tool to support spouses throughout their military journey, especially leading up to the transition to civilian life. MySTeP is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in the world, with mobile-optimized content to meet the unique needs of military spouses.
MySTeP is the official transition preparation resource for spouses from the Department of Defense and is offered through Military OneSource and the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program.
“The Department of Defense recognizes military spouses can provide stability and support to the whole family when they feel prepared for the separation from military life,” says C. Eddy Mentzer, Associate Director in the Department of Defense’s Office of Family Readiness Policy. “The Military Spouse Transition Program offers spouses key resources, tools and education that they can access at any time, and from anywhere, to build their knowledge and take command of their transition.”
Research on military life shows that transition out of the service can be a stressful time for service members and spouses. Almost three-quarters of military spouses report being worried about transition or say that transition is difficult because they feel overwhelmed and unprepared. MySTeP helps them prepare by providing online guidance to the resources, benefits and tools available to military spouses.
Hosted on the MySECO website, the self-directed program includes videos, downloadable resources and specific links. This content has been created by a team of experts that include military spouses. To access MySTeP, go to the MySECO website and click on the ‘Transition’ tab.
MySTeP is designed to help military spouses at each step of the journey, from the beginning to the end of their family’s military experience. The MySTeP tool reflects the three stages of the military spouse experience:
- “Stepping In” is aimed at military spouses who are still learning what tools, programs and benefits are available through the military. These include education, financial, career, health and parenting resources.
- “Stepping Through” is for spouses who are ready to expand on their knowledge and grow their personal and professional networks. It dives deeper into the resources and programs available to help spouses meet their personal, educational and career goals.
- “Stepping Beyond” is for spouses whose service member is actively preparing for transition to civilian life. It helps military families make an informed transition plan, with information about benefits, health care, finances and transition training.
Spouses can also obtain personalized support from Military OneSource consultants available through online chat or by calling a SECO career coach at 800-342-9647.