The Air Force Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment program promotes readiness, health and wellness through the prevention and treatment of substance misuse and abuse. ADAPT strives to minimize the negative effects of substance misuse/abuse. The program provides complete education and treatment. It works to restore function and return members to unrestricted duty status. If appropriate, the program can also assist them in transition to civilian life.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
The primary objectives of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment program are to:
- Promote readiness, health and wellness through the prevention and treatment of substance misuse and abuse.
- Minimize the negative effects of substance misuse and abuse, to people, families and organizations.
- Provide complete education and treatment to people who have problems with substance misuse or abuse.
- Restore function and return members to unrestricted duty status. Can also assist with transition to civilian life, as appropriate. These objectives are met through four levels of activities.
The Air Force ADAPT program helps promote readiness and health
Air Force ADAPT program promotes readiness, health and wellness through the prevention and treatment of substance misuse and abuse.
How to access this benefit