Blue Star Museums is a partnership between the National Endowment for the Arts and Blue Star Families — in collaboration with the Defense Department and more than 2,000 museums across America. Through the Blue Star Museums initiative, free museum admission is offered to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and reserve, each summer from Armed Forces Day through Labor Day. Visit their site for a map of participating Blue Star Museums.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Be in the know
Here are some helpful things to know about the Blue Star Museums initiative:
You’ll be in good company.
More than 2 million military families have enjoyed Blue Star Museums since the program launched in 2010. Join their ranks, if you haven’t already.
Your ID card is your ticket to the museums.
Just show your common access card, or DD Form 1173 or 1173-1 identification card.
Your admission is free, so there’s no need to limit yourself.
Explore fine art, history, science, children’s museums, arboretums, historical parks, nature centers and more. Find participating museums near you or along your summer travel route.
Your Information, Tickets and Travel office can add to your fun.
As you map out your museum visits this summer, check with the office to find additional attractions in your area.
You can enjoy a staycation in your new community.
If you’re settling into a new duty station, take a break from unpacking and explore. Visits to Blue Star Museums will help you get to know your new community and its people.
How to Access the Website