Service members and their families are eligible for a variety of benefits to help save money on shopping and travel. Learn more about commissaries and military exchanges, and use the resources below to start saving today.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Benefit overviewExchange resources
It matters where you shop. Exchanges deliver tax-free shopping and military-exclusive pricing to service members and families. The exchange returns 100% of its earnings to the military communities it serves, supporting services such as combat uniforms at cost, mobile field exchanges in contingency locations, school lunches for military dependents at Department of Defense Education Activity schools and more.
Visit these available exchanges to shop online:
- AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service): Shop My Exchange and AAFES store locator
- MCX (Marine Corps Exchange): My MCX and MCX store locator
- NEX (Navy Exchange Service Command): My Navy Exchange and NEX store locator
- CGX (Coast Guard Exchange): CGX and CGX store locator
Exchanges provide the following resources:
- Shop safely in store or online. You can shop 24/7 through secure websites and get free shipping on purchases over $49 or for items purchased with your Military STAR® credit card. You can also shop online and pick up curbside or in the store.
- Pay and return easily. Your exchange accepts all major credit cards, your Military STAR® card or personal checks (with an ID). Most exchanges have generous return policies.
- Get all your uniform needs. Exchanges provide military uniforms at cost and are the authorized source of uniforms produced by government-approved vendors that meet uniform quality standards and comply with regulatory specifications.
- Find healthy choices. Exchanges take a holistic approach to providing healthy options such as health-conscious dining, grab-and-go and an assortment of fitness gear and wellness services.
- Stay updated on your community events. Each online exchange offers information for military communities with local installation events, celebrity interviews, military family resources, promotions and more.
- Apply for a job. The exchanges offer military spouse preference in hiring. They also offer competitive pay and benefits. Benefits for regular full-time and part-time associates include paid vacation and sick leave.
- Pay it forward with military relief funds. Some exchanges offer shoppers the ability to donate at the register year-round to a military relief fund.
- Ask for price matching. Each exchange offers price matching. Check the online policies before you shop, so you know how to get the best deal.
Guard/reserve On-Site Sales
- Stronger Together provides information about food security resources and support programs available through military commissaries and other government agencies.
- Click2Go is an online shopping and curbside pickup service. It provides you greater access to your commissary benefit, anytime or anywhere.
- Sales flyer is a list of what’s on sale for the week.
- Coupon links are links to all kinds of coupons on different sites, such as MyMilitarySavings.com.
- Healthy recipes are meal solutions for planning weekly dinners or for last-minute ideas.
- Commissary News and Events offers information about special offers and promotions.
- Commissary Connection is a newsletter with updates for your local commissary. It offers the latest commissary news, promotions and events.
National Guard or reserve service members who live far from an installation can take advantage of the commissary On-Site Sales option. This is how it works:
DOD Lodging resources
- A host commissary coordinates with a National Guard or reserve component unit of at least 150 local members.
- The team sets the sale’s location, date and the items that will be on sale.
- The on-site sale targets National Guard and reserve service members. But any authorized personnel can enjoy the sale — and the extra savings.
- For information on how to have a sale near you, contact your unit who can then call the nearest commissary to discuss the possibility.
Service members and their families are entitled to a variety of travel and lodging benefits. Check out the resources below for more information:
The status of forces agreement
When you spend time in another country as a service member, the status of forces agreement between the United States and your host country protects your legal status as military personnel in another nation. Luckily for active-duty service members, DOD civilians, and their dependents, your privilege to shop in military stores is almost always covered under the agreement too. But there are some restrictions. Learn more about how SOFA can affect your military commissary and exchange privileges.