- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Lieutenant General Jason T. Evans
Deputy Chief of Staff, G-9
Lieutenant General Jason T. Evans is the U.S. Army’s first Deputy Chief of Staff, G-9. Lieutenant General Evans assumed duties Sept. 27, 2019, as the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-9 and serves as the expert and champion for the world’s most capable and efficient installations.
The Deputy Chief of Staff, G-9 develops regulatory guidance, administers installation resource programming, and provides expertise and advocacy for all Army infrastructure and installation services to enable Total Army readiness.
He previously served July 2017 to July 2019 as Commanding General of the Army Human Resources Command, Fort Knox, Kentucky, before assignment to the Pentagon.
Lieutenant General Evans was raised as an Air Force family member. He attended Wentworth Military Academy, Lexington, Missouri, where he earned an Associate Degree in Business Administration. He completed his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from Bellevue University, Bellevue, Nebraska. He holds Master’s Degrees in Business Administration from Webster University and National Resource Strategy from the National Defense University.
Lieutenant General Evans has served in command and staff positions in the continental United States, Italy, Somalia, Kosovo, Germany and Iraq with the 13th Corps Support Command, III U.S. Corps, 510th Personnel Services Battalion, 1st Personnel Command, U.S. Army Europe, Installation Management Command, Multi-National Force – Iraq, and Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army.
His key assignments include:
- Commanding General, U.S. Army Human Resources Command
- Director of Military Personnel Management, Army G-1, Headquarters Department of the Army
- Deputy Commanding General (Support), U.S. Army Installation Management Command, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
- The Adjutant General; Executive Director, Military Postal Service Agency, Fort Knox
- Executive Officer, Assistant Secretary of the Army, Manpower and Reserve Affairs
- CJ1, Multinational Force – Iraq, (Director Personnel)
- Commander, U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Monroe, Virginia
- Chief, Department of the Army, Secretariat for Officer Centralized Selection Boards, Personnel Command, Alexandria, Virginia
- Commander, Task Force 510th Personnel Services Battalion (Kosovo)
- Commander, 510th Personnel Services Battalion, 1st Personnel Command
- Military Assistant to the G-1, Deputy Chief of Staff Personnel, Headquarters Department of the Army
- Deputy Chief, General Officer Management Office, Office of the Chief of Staff, Army
- Majors/Lieutenant Colonels Assignments Officer, Headquarters Department of the Army Personnel Command
- Executive Officer, 502nd Personnel Services Battalion, 3rd Personnel Group, Fort Hood, Texas
- Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment Commander, 502nd Personnel Services Battalion, 3rd Personnel Group
- G-1, Joint Task Forces Logistics Command (Mogadishu, Somalia)
- Chief, Strength Management, G-1, 13th Corps Support Command, Fort Hood
- Executive Officer, U.S. Army Element, Allied Forces South, Naples, Italy
Lieutenant General Evans is a graduate of the Adjutant General’s Officer Basic and Advanced Courses, Combined Arms Staff Services School, Command and General Staff College, the Army Resource Management Course, and the Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
Lieutenant General Evans’ awards and decorations include the Distinguished Service Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, Legion of Merit with two Oak Leaf Clusters, Bronze Star Medal, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Commendation Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, Army Achievement Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, Parachutist Badge, and the Army Staff Identification Badge.