Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library
Military OneSource provides free, online resources to service members and their families via the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library. You’ll find eBooks and audiobooks on virtually every topic, as well as databases and reference books that can help you learn a new skill, keep kids engaged and serve as a homework source, or prepare you to land your next job.
The Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library is an incredible free resource for service members and their families. Just log into your Military OneSource account or create a username and password to get started and enjoy browsing.
The digital library offers online resources to help young children learn to read or keep their grades up, research paper topics or just find a great story for a long afternoon:
- BookFlix pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction titles to reinforce early reading skills and develop real-world knowledge.
- Explora Primary Search features a database of colorful and fun resources that help children in grades K – 5 learn about animals, music, health, history, people and places, science, math and sports.
- Explora Middle School Plus is an online library of magazine and newspaper articles, videos, images and reference information about arts, music, geography, health, math and more for children grades 6 – 12.
- NoveList K-8 Plus offers recommendations specifically for younger readers, helping kids find books that are appropriate for their reading level and interests. Parents, teachers, and librarians can also find tools to teach with books and engage young readers.
- Tutor.com for military children gives kids access to online tutoring and homework help from live, expert tutors in more than 16 subjects. Tutors can help with tonight's homework or catch your child up on missed concepts and lessons, all for free.
Teenagers can take advantage of the library’s resources too, including:
- CultureGrams allows you to experience the world and its people through detailed cultural information on more than 200 countries.
- EBSCO Learning Express provides eLearning tutorials, practice tests, e-books, flashcards and articles that help users build their skills in a wide array of core subjects for success in the classroom, on the job, and in life, including preparation for CLEP, DSST, ACT, GRE and more.
- Gale Interactive: Science provides a comprehensive view of the most-studied science subjects, including biology, chemistry and earth and space science. Featuring authoritative, high-quality digital content paired with interactive 3D models to empower a complete learning solution. Users can explore 3D models by zooming in, rotating, or pulling them apart.
- Scholastic FreedomFlix provides a wealth of social studies learning opportunities with more than 50 units spanning ten core curricula areas. Each unit includes an introductory video, a dynamic ebook, related articles, primary sources and vetted weblinks that expose students to a range of text types and media on the same subject.
- ScienceFlix offers more than 50 complete units of study with over 6,500 science-related assets in a variety of media, providing students with a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, multiple text types, interactive features and more. This is also a great resource for young children.
- TrueFlix offers dozens of units to supplement social studies and science core curricula learning, helping students improve literacy skills, build content-area knowledge and cultivate the critical skills necessary for academic success and college and career readiness. This is also a great resource for young children.
For adults looking to advance their education or career, there are even more resources available at the Digital Library.
- Academic Search Ultimate offers students an unprecedented collection of full-text academic journals, magazines, periodicals, reports, books and videos meets the needs of scholars in virtually every discipline ranging from astronomy, anthropology, biomedicine, engineering, health, law and literacy to mathematics, pharmacology, women's studies, zoology and more.
- Ancestry® Library Edition is powered by the world’s most popular consumer online genealogy resource, Ancestry.com, and delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, photos and other resources from North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and more.
- ArtistWorks Music Lessons offers hundreds of video lessons in guitar, piano, drums, ukulele, bluegrass, classical, jazz, hip-hop scratch and more. Submit practice videos and get direct feedback from your video instructor.
- BrainHQ can help improve your brain health with clinically proven brain training exercises.
- Britannica Academic allows fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The rich combination of Encyclopedia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, magazines, periodicals and many other research tools provides a variety of reliable sources.
- Britannica Annals of American History offers a rich and varied history of the United States, providing a year-by-year documentary of American thought and action. Read the original words of more than 1,500 authors who made and analyzed American history through their speeches, writings, memoirs, poems and interviews.
- Britannica Library provides three sites in one—Children, Young Adults and the Reference Center—where you can conduct research, complete school assignments, work on special projects, or explore your unique interests. You can even store your research in your personal My Britannica account.
- Career Transitions will help you map your military experience to civilian jobs, write a resume and cover letter, participate in an interview simulation, find job announcements and more.
- Chilton Automotive Maintenance Library gives you the information you need to tackle vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Consumer Reports help you find the best deals, ratings, and reviews on thousands of popular consumer items from one of the most respected sources.
- EBSCO Audiobooks offer more than 2,000 audiobooks in different subjects and categories available for download. Log in with your EBSCOhost account (software download required).
- EBSCO Learning Express provides eLearning tutorials, practice tests, e-books, flashcards and articles that help users build their skills in a wide array of core subjects for success in the classroom, on the job, and in life, including preparation for CLEP, DSST, ASVAB, GRE and more.
- Fold3 Library Edition is a premier collection of historical U.S. military records and unique military content, bringing to life the details of America’s military veterans with stories, photos and personal documents, from the Revolutionary War through today.
- Gale Health & Wellness Resource Center offers 24/7 access to full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia and much more, covering a full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
- Gale LegalForms offers officially approved, state-specific legal forms actually used at a typical law firm. Users can professionally draft specialized documents in many legal subject areas including: bankruptcy, bill of sale, contracts, divorce, employment, incorporate, LLC, landlord/tenant, living wills, name change, power of attorney, real estate, taxes and last will.
- Gale Small Business Builder is a step-by-step online planning tool for starting, managing and optimizing a business or nonprofit. The program’s intuitive dashboard walks users through five areas of exploration to develop a business plan focused on long-term success.
- GreenFILE contains well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact on the environment. It is provided by the General Library Program, FMWRC.
- Library, Information, Science & Technology Abstracts contains references on librarianship, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more.
- Mango Languages is a digital language learning program for learners of all levels, with courses in more than 70 different foreign languages, 21 English language courses and 44 specialty courses. Mango's language-learning methodology is designed to simulate the way people learn a foreign language when actually immersed in everyday conversation.
- Military & Government Collection provides full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals, offering current news on the military and government.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center gives you information on stocks and mutual funds. You can visit the Investment Classroom to hone your investing skills, explore dozens of articles and videos about the stock market.
- NoveList Plus is a trusted source of expert reading recommendations for both fiction and nonfiction, and for all ages.
- ProQuest PressReader provides interactive, digital access to nearly 7,000 of the world’s best newspapers and magazines. Just like reading a print edition, viewers can browse articles and other key elements, including pictures, advertisements, classifieds and notices.
- Qello Concerts offer the world's largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand to just about any digital device. From the 1920s to today's hottest artists, Qello Concerts spans more than 30 genres, from classical to rock, reggae to country. Enjoy more than 1,700 live moments in music history.
- RBdigital is the largest independent publisher of unabridged audiobooks, providing a library of digital content that you can download or your home computer or mobile devise.
- RBdigital Magazines allows you to read or download a large assortment of popular news and special interest digital magazines on your PC, smartphone or laptop. Use the access key MOSDOD to create your account.
- RBdigital IndieFlix brings engaging stories and robust content to movie lovers around the world, including over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and web series from 85 countries.
- RBdigital Universal Class offers lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs). More than 500 courses are available, and all are designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Universal Class includes videos, assignments, quizzes, tests and options for social media interaction with other learners. Patrons may take multiple classes and learn at their own pace.
- Safari Books presents thousands of technology, design and business reference books, videos and tutorials.
- Small Business Reference Center features up-to-date information on relevant topics from starting a company, operations management and sales to growing or rescuing a business. Nearly 400 full-text periodicals and more than 450 books are available.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center offers hundreds of reference books with original photos and illustrations of engines for motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, tractors, generators and other small engines.
- Teacher Reference Center has indexing and abstracts for more than 270 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines.
- U.S. Major Dailies provides full-text, same day publication access to five major U.S. newspapers: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post. New content available by 8 a.m. U.S. Eastern time each day.
- Weiss Ratings & Greyhouse Publishing’s Financial Ratings Series is a single source for financial strength ratings and financial planning tools covering insurance, banks, mutual funds, stocks, medicare supplement insurance and financial literacy tools.