My Military
OneSource App

Government Websites

National Archives: Military Service Records


The National Archives maintains military service records of veterans who have been discharged from the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Department of the Air Force and Coast Guard.

How to Access the Website

Through the National Archives site, veterans can request a copy of their Defense Department Form 214 called the “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,” Official Military Personnel File, replacement medals and medical and health records.

Visit Website

Learn about military bases worldwide. Get installation overviews, check-in procedures, housing, neighborhood information, contacts for programs and services, photos and more.

Find an Installation