The Military In Lasting Tribute memorial honors military heroes who died serving our nation. The memorial is an online destination where survivors can view, remember and share tributes to their loved ones with their networks, extended survivor community and military family. It is the only Defense Department memorial that honors service members who died during peacetime. Within the memorial pages, family members can submit the names of the service members they would like to see honored. To be eligible, service members must have died while serving honorably on active duty from 1985 to the present.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
The submission process
- Submit your service member to be honored in the memorial by completing the form in the Add a Loved One page. You will need to enter information about your service member from the DD Form 1300, “Report of Casualty,” to complete the memorial request form.
- Once you complete your submission, the information you enter will be verified against your service member’s individual deceased personnel file to confirm eligibility for the memorial.
- If there are discrepancies between the information you enter and your service member’s individual deceased personnel file, or if the photo you submit does not meet the requirements, we may need to contact you with questions.
- You will receive updates throughout the submission review process, according to the contact information you provided.
- You can check the status of your submission at any time.
You will receive an email when your service member is added to the memorial, including a link to their individual memorial.
For more information, go to the Military In Lasting Tribute website.