- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Your service member has died, but that doesn’t mean you’ve lost your ties to your military community. As a surviving family member of an active-duty service member, you may be eligible for services that can help you cope, rebuild your life and find your new normal. The Defense Department provides immediate and long-term assistance to help you understand your benefits, connect you with grief counseling, find a financial counselor and more. You’re not alone.
Support After LossFor survivors who have lost their service member, there are specially designed programs and services to help you cope.
Understanding GriefWhile there is no right or wrong way to grieve, there are healthy ways to cope as you continue on your life’s journey.
Survivor Finances & LegalAfter the death of your service member, getting your financial and legal affairs in order can provide some peace of mind.