- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 988 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Problematic Sexual Behavior in Children and Youth — Resources for Military Families
This online resource offers helpful information on problematic sexual behavior in children and youth for:
The Defense Department provides resources and support through the Coordinated Community Response and the Family Advocacy Program for military children, youth and families impacted by PSB-CY.
Problematic sexual behavior in children and youth is defined as behavior, initiated by children and youth younger than 18, that involves using sexual or private body parts in a manner that is developmentally inappropriate or potentially harmful to the individual or individuals impacted by the behavior.
A new DOD policy expands the responsibility of FAP to provide coordination and interventions for military families affected by PSB-CY. This change allows the program to support families whose children or adolescents have exhibited or been impacted by PSB-CY, and to convene a multidisciplinary team to manage the coordinated community response for all involved.
Understanding child sexual development and concerning sexual behaviors — tools for parents and guardians
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network – Sexual Development and Behavior in Children
- What’s Normal? What’s Not? Fact Sheet
- OneOp – Sexualized Behaviors in Children and Youth series
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network – Understanding and Coping with Sexual Behavior Problems in Children
- National Center on the Sexual Behavior of Youth – A Guide for Parents/Caregivers Concerned About Children’s Sexual Behavior
- National Children’s Alliance Resources for Children’s Advocacy Centers, Partners, and Caregivers
Resources and training for caregivers
- Supporting Children with Challenging Behaviors
- Sexual Development and Behavior in Children and Youth Focused Topics
- Trauma Informed Care in Child Care Settings
Tools for caregivers
Resources for clinicians
- Better Lives Through Better Choices: When Sexual Behaviors in Youth are Problematic or Illegal: A Web-Based Resource for Evidence-Based Decision-Making
- Clinical Decision Making in Cases of Children with Problematic Sexual Behavior
- Assessment of Problematic Sexual Behavior in Children: What, When, and How
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Problematic Sexual Behavior: An Overview
- Youth with Sexual Behavior Problems: Practical Resources and Activities for Therapists Working with Youth and Their Families
- Understanding PSB-CY in girls
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network module on Problematic Sexual Behavior- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for School-Age Children
- National Children’s Alliance – Effective Treatment for Youth with Problematic Sexual Behaviors