- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
PROBLEMATIC SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN CHILDREN AND YOUTH — RESOURCES FOR MILITARY FAMILIES
This online resource offers helpful information on problematic sexual behavior in children and youth for:
The Defense Department provides resources and support through the Coordinated Community Response and the Family Advocacy Program for military children, youth and families impacted by PSB-CY.
Problematic sexual behavior in children and youth is defined as behavior, initiated by children and youth younger than 18, that involves using sexual or private body parts in a manner that is developmentally inappropriate or potentially harmful to the individual or individuals impacted by the behavior.
A new DOD policy expands the responsibility of FAP to provide coordination and interventions for military families affected by PSB-CY. This change allows the program to support families whose children or adolescents have exhibited or been impacted by PSB-CY, and to convene a multidisciplinary team to manage the coordinated community response for all involved.
Understanding child sexual development and concerning sexual behaviors — tools for parents and guardians
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network – Sexual Development and Behavior in Children
- What’s Normal? What’s Not? Fact Sheet
- OneOp – Sexualized Behaviors in Children and Youth series
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network – Understanding and Coping with Sexual Behavior Problems in Children
- National Center on the Sexual Behavior of Youth – A Guide for Parents/Caregivers Concerned About Children’s Sexual Behavior
- National Children’s Alliance Resources for Children’s Advocacy Centers, Partners, and Caregivers
Resources and training for caregivers
- Supporting Children with Challenging Behaviors
- Sexual Development and Behavior in Children and Youth Focused Topics
- Trauma Informed Care in Child Care Settings
Tools for caregivers
Resources for clinicians
- Better Lives Through Better Choices: When Sexual Behaviors in Youth are Problematic or Illegal: A Web-Based Resource for Evidence-Based Decision-Making
- Clinical Decision Making in Cases of Children with Problematic Sexual Behavior
- Assessment of Problematic Sexual Behavior in Children: What, When, and How
- Clinical Assessment of Children with Problematic Sexual Behavior: An Overview
- Youth with Sexual Behavior Problems: Practical Resources and Activities for Therapists Working with Youth and Their Families
- Understanding PSB-CY in girls
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network module on Problematic Sexual Behavior- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for School-Age Children
- National Children’s Alliance – Effective Treatment for Youth with Problematic Sexual Behaviors