- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Keeping Joy in the Holidays2 minute read • Dec. 20, 2019
The holiday season is a time to celebrate and enjoy family and festivities. While family gatherings, gift shopping and social activities can be fun, they also might leave you feeling overwhelmed. We would like to help make this holiday season peaceful and joyful for you and your family.
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
Get personalized support for stress 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Manage increased stress
Military OneSource has resources to help you embrace the joy of the season and to keep stress at a minimum. Meet with a counselor to discuss ways to keep the holiday season joyful, such as:
- Setting realistic expectations
- Sharing family responsibilities
- Balancing work, school and social activities
- Making time for rest and personal time
Cope with being far from loved ones
Talk with a counselor about ways to cope with being away from family over the holidays. You can meet with a counselor wherever you are, via video, phone or online chat.
Get parenting tips
Discuss ways to create a memorable holiday for the kids, manage their expectations, and get creative gift and activity ideas.
Work through loss
The holidays can be difficult when you are dealing with the death of a loved one, a divorce or declining personal health. Counselors can offer you support and ways to cope and help you prepare for a future of new experiences.
Rediscover the joy this holiday season. Non-medical counseling is available in person, by phone, video or online chat. Call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 or chat with us online to schedule an appointment with a licensed counselor.