Department of Defense Child and Youth Development Career Opportunities
The Department of Defense is the nation’s largest employer-sponsored child care system and one of the largest youth development programs in the country – and they’re looking to fill both entry and management-level positions to work with military-connected children and youth.
Many of the Department of Defense’s high-quality child development and youth programs are on or near military installations worldwide, making it a fantastic portable career.
Department of Defense employees receive competitive pay and benefits, including:
- Health and life insurance
- Paid leave
- Retirement and 401K benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Training, mentoring and professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
If you know someone who would like to start a career working with children or youth – or know professors who teach early care and education or youth development – then share these job boards so they can learn more about the child and youth development careers with the Department of Defense and find available positions:
- The Navy’s Child & Youth Programs Careers
- USAJOBS by searching for “Department of Defense Child and Youth” jobs in your area. You can also search by entering the name of your service branch and “Child and Youth,” for example “Army Child and Youth.”
- The Air Force’s NAF Jobs
Potential candidates can read more about military child and youth development careers through the “Start Your Early Care and Education or Youth Development Career With Military Kids” article and decide if this career is right for them.