- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Brigadier General Jessica Meyeraan, NGB
Brig. Gen. Jessica Meyeraan is the Vice Director, Manpower and Personnel for the National Guard Bureau Joint Staff. As the Vice Director, J1, she serves as the deputy to the Director and fully shares in assigned duties and responsibilities for providing overall manpower and personnel policy, planning, integration, analysis, and oversight for the Chief of the National Guard Bureau in order to enhance National Guard Bureau and Joint Force Headquarters initiatives, personnel readiness, operational capabilities, and sustainment. This includes advocating for National Guard service members, families and veterans.
General Meyeraan graduated from the University of lowa’s Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, or AFROTC, as a distinguished graduate in 1988. She is a career intelligence officer whose assignments span both the regular Air Force and the reserve components and includes time at the squadron, group, major command and combatant command levels. Career broadening opportunities included a three-year tour as an AFROTC instructor at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and a two-year tour as a special project co- leader for the Commander, U.S. Strategic Command’s Global Innovation and Strategy Center initiative.
Prior to her current position, she was the Chief of Staff of the National Guard Joint Staff, Arlington, Va.
1988 Bachelor of Science degree in political science, University of lowa, lowa City
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
1996 Master of Science degree in management science, Troy State University, Troy, Ala.
2002 Air Command and Staff College Seminar, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2003 Joint and Combined Warfighter School-Intermediate, Joint Forces Staff College, Va.
2008 Master of Strategic Studies degree, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 National Security Studies Course, Maxwell School of Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- February 1989 – September 1989, Student, 3490th Technical Training Group, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
- September 1989 – September 1991, Aircrew Training Section Chief, 55th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- September 1991 – September 1992, Aircrew Support Section Chief, 55th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- October 1992 – June 1993 Afghanistan/Pakistan Senior Analyst, United States Central Command, Joint Intelligence Directorate, MacDill AFB, Fla.
- June 1993 – January 1994, Command Briefer, United States Central Command, Joint Intelligence Directorate, MacDill AFB, Fla.
- January 1994 – February 1996, Iraq Intelligence Analyst, United States Central Command, Joirit Intelligence Directorate, MacDill AFB, Fla.
- February 1996 – July 1998, Target Materials Flight Commander, 20th Intelligence Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- July 1998 – July 2001, Instructor, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 470, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Neb.
- July 2001 – July 2003, Command Operations Security Officer, Operations Directorate, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- July 2003 – February 2004, Resource Programming Section Chief, Intelligence Directorate, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- March 2004 – July 2007, Senior Intelligence Officer, 170th Operations Support Squadron, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb. (February 2005 — July 2007, Deputy Chief, Partnership Group, MPA orders, Global Innovation and Strategy Center, United States Strategic Command, Offut AFB, Neb.)
- July 2007 – May 2008, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- June 2008 – December 2008, Special Assistant to the National Guard Bureau, ISR Directorate, Arlington, Va.
- December 2008 – March 2010, Plans, Policies and Programs Division Chief, National Guard Bureau, Joint Intelligence Directorate, Arlington, Va.
- March 2010 – September 2011, Deputy Director, Joint Intelligence, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
- September 2011 – August 2012, Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, Air Force ISR Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
- September 2012 – May 2014, Director of ISR, Air National Guard, National Guard Bureau, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
- May 2014 — April 2016, Commander, |.G. Brown Training and Education Center, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
- May 2016 — March 2017, Chief of Staff of the National Guard Joint Staff, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
- April 2017 — present, Vice Director, Manpower and Personnel, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
Major Awards and Decorations
Legion of Merit Medal with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Effective Dates of Promotion
Second Lieutenant Sept. 28, 1988
First Lieutenant Sept. 28, 1990
Captain Sept. 28, 1992
Major Feb. 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 1, 2005
Colonel June 19, 2009
Brigadier General April 3, 2017
(Current as of April 2017)