- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Building Healthy Relationships4 minute read • Aug. 30, 2022
Make your most important relationships even stronger. This specialty consultation from Military OneSource helps you deepen relationships with family, friends and others through an education-based consultation.
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
Building Healthy Relationships offers coaching sessions, practical tools, resources and problem-solving techniques. This consultation is designed to be flexible and personable, and is available to you by phone or video.
Identify your goals and boost your relationships
Everyone can benefit from boosting a relationship or improving communication. Perhaps you’re a parent who wants to create a stronger bond with your child. Or maybe you’re looking for ways to develop your communication skills.
This consultation offers a variety of tracks that are customized to different relationship dynamics. Your consultant will help you identify the track or tracks that are right for you. The personalized coaching sessions, educational tools, resources and empowering skills will help you be at your best. Building Healthy Relationships consultation tracks are designed so that you can do them from the comfort of your home.
- Strengthening the Couple Connection. This track provides educational resources, guidance on common issues for military couples and tools to support strong relationships. Consultations can include both or one partner.
- Healthy Parent-Child Connections. This track allows the parent to work with a consultant to identify relationship goals. Parents receive education and resources to enhance these vital relationships. Children may attend sessions with their parent as appropriate.
- Communication Refreshers. Communication is important for a healthy relationship. This track offers individuals or couples educational webinars, inventories and services to improve their communication with one another. This is an excellent path for those seeking to enhance communication with a spouse, colleague or family member.
- Staying Connected While Away. Military life can come with deployment and other duty-related separations. With this track, a consultant helps service members or adult loved ones identify goals and resources to assist with emotional coping and keeping connected with their family member during these times.
- Reconnecting After Deployment. When service members return from deployment, a major shift can occur for the entire family. This track is tailored to this unique period. It helps service members and/or family members identify goals and provides materials to ease stress and shape resiliency.
- Blended Family. Couples may encounter new family dynamics when partners have children from previous relationships. This track focuses on co-parenting as a way to build a solid leadership unit for the military family and accounts for unique experiences and dynamics. This is an excellent path for couples who are introducing civilian children to military life.
- MilSpouse Toolkit. From education on military culture to navigating resources, this track can help new spouses who may feel disconnected from their family and want to identify a support system in their new community. It provides resources to help new and current military spouses develop coping skills and adjust to MilLife.
If one or more individuals do not speak English, your consultant can facilitate a three-way call for simultaneous language interpretation.
Find additional relationship tips and resources for every stage of your relationship.
Start building healthy relationships
Trained, knowledgeable Military OneSource consultants are available 24/7. Since this consultation is available by both phone and video, you can start anytime.