- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
The School Liaison’s Role in Supporting Military-Connected Students With Postsecondary ReadinessEpisode By:10 MinutesSept. 26, 2023
Learn how the School Liaison Program can help military-connected students, including those with special needs, prepare for successful transitions to postsecondary readiness. Parents can get helpful tips on using school liaisons for not only for assistance with changing schools but also with on-time graduation, scholarship and financial aid resources, career training and readiness, and community connections to help students meet their postsecondary education goals. Whether your military-connected child is planning to pursue higher education, occupational training, join the military or go straight into the work world, school liaisons can help your student prep for success.
Share your feedback about this podcast as well as ideas for future episodes by visiting the Military OneSource Podcast Feedback Form.
- Learn more about the benefits of the School Liaison Program.
- Use the MilitaryINSTALLATIONS website to find your local School Liaison Program office.
- Visit Military OneSource to learn more about preparing for higher education for your children, as well as alternatives to traditional degree programs.
Check out this OneOp blog to learn about the roles students, parents and providers play in helping students transition into college: Students With Learning Disabilities Transitioning Into College.
Learn about professional skills that can help individuals with disabilities transition into the workforce: Professionalism Skills for Individuals With Disabilities.
Students with disabilities, their family members and professionals who support them can find useful tips from the OneOp Centers for Independent Living vlog series:
This episode is part of the Military OneSource Podcast.
- Part One – Overview of Centers for Independent Living and Administration for Community Living
- Part Two – Centers for Independent Living: Preparing Parents and Caregivers
- Part Three – Centers for Independent Living: Aging and Disability Networks
- Part Four – Centers for Independent Living: Advocacy and Self-Determination
- Part Five – Centers for Independent Living – Employment Services
- Part Six – Centers for Independent Living: Person-Centered Planning
- Part Seven – Centers for Independent Living: Preventing Abuse, Neglect & Exploitation
- Part Eight – Centers for Independent Living: Peer Support
- Part Nine – Centers for Independent Living: Caregiver Support Services
Military life topics including deployment, PCS, recreation, relationships, finances, parenting, etc.
Related PodcastsSchool Liaisons and School Districts Partnering Together to Support Military-Connected Students Postsecondary Planning and Readiness18 MinutesOct. 24, 2023Learn how school liaisons help military-connected students by promoting the relationship between families and school systems and informing educators about the unique needs of military-connected youth.Family With Special Ne... morePostsecondary Readiness: Equitable Access and Opportunities for Military-Connected Students16 MinutesNov. 2, 2023Learn how school liaisons can help you prepare your children for education transitions and postsecondary opportunities — including further education, training and jobs.Family With Special Ne... more