No matter where you’re headed, Military OneSource and your installation Military and Family Support Center can help you master your next military move. Whether you have orders for temporary duty or a permanent change of station, or are separating from the service, expert staff can provide information, education and referrals to help minimize stress and make your move a power move.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Benefit overviewPinning Down PCS SuccessWATCH NOW
Looking to pin down resources to get ahead of your move? From your local Relocation Assistance Program office to the Plan My Move, Defense Personal Property System and MilitaryINSTALLATIONS tools, you can get answers to questions and take control of your move.
How this benefit helps
Your local Relocation Assistance Program service provider can help you prepare for your PCS, help connect you to resources at your new duty station and more.
Personal property scheduling and transportation
Relocation assistance service providers can help connect you with the appropriate sources for information about moving your personal property and scheduling your move.
Relocation assistance service providers can connect you with resources to assist with temporary lodging and other local housing options.
Relocation assistance service providers can steer you in the direction of services at your new installation, including medical services available.
Relocation assistance service providers can help connect parents to child care resources.
Employment opportunities for family members
Your Military and Family Support Center can assist family members with their job search and employment opportunities.
Relocation assistance service providers can connect parents to school liaisons to help with school options at the new installation and transitions.
How to access this benefit
Contact your installation Relocation Assistance Program for help preparing for your PCS, including making connections at your new duty station and exploring community resources.
Use MilitaryINSTALLATIONS to find your local relocation assistance service provider and Military and Family Support Center.
Installation Relocation Assistance Program
Your local Relocation Assistance Program can help you prepare for your PCS, make connections at your new duty station and more. Relocation assistance service providers offer information, resources and one-on-one support for:
- Moving costs
- Household goods shipments
- Housing options
- Child care options, both on and off installation
- Sponsorship and youth sponsorship
- Spouse employment and license transfer
- Newcomer orientations and pre-departure briefings
- Loan closet
- Cultural adaptation
- Community resources and more
Installation Military and Family Support Center
Most relocation assistance services are offered through your installation Military and Family Support Center, your primary point of contact for programs and services that help service members and families navigate the unique challenges of military life. Services include:
- Relocation, deployment and transition assistance
- Personal and family life education
- Financial readiness
- Employment readiness (including spouse employment)
- Information and referral services and more
Programs and services to support your PCS vary by installation, so contact your local Military and Family Support Center for more information about relocation assistance.
Services for special moving situations
- Foreign-born spouses: Are you a newlywed or moving for the first time since tying the knot? The Relocation Assistance Program can help you and your spouse with resources and referrals about immigration and naturalization. Staff can also help you find English language programs, translation services and advice on how to get around the local area.
- Exceptional Family Member Program: If you have a child or family member enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program, you know it’s important to find the right support at your new installation. Relocation assistance service providers can help you get connected with your EFMP Family Support provider to get the information you need – before you arrive.
- Your final military move: Most service members leaving the military, either at retirement or at the end of active service, can get a final move at government expense. You may also be able to get other benefits, such as storage of household goods, travel allowances and per diem — but benefits can vary by service branch. Learn more about how to make your final military move a success.
- Emergency financial aid: A move can sometimes put you in a tight financial spot. Relocation assistance service providers can connect you with your installation personal financial management services office. Learn more about military relief organizations and emergency financial help.
Scheduling your move
Find support with household goods shipments and information about weight allowances, entitlements and the Defense Personal Property System.
MilTax eligibility verification services may be unavailable due to DEERS maintenance beginning on March 2 at 6 p.m. PT until 6 a.m. PT March 3.Learn more about MilTax