The Transitioning Veterans specialty consultation is a free Military OneSource consultation designed specifically for service members returning to civilian life. Whether you are 12 months out from retirement or separation or within 365 days of your last day of service, you are eligible for this personalized transition support. Through a series of sessions, a professionally trained consultant will help you identify goals and navigate benefits and resources.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
Transitioning Veterans consultations include personalized sessions tailored to your unique needs. Learn about the benefits you have earned through your military service. Topics covered include:
- Setting Goals
- Reviewing Benefits
- Veterans Affairs Assistance
- Exploring Education Opportunities
- Prepping for Civilian Workforce
- Online Resources