- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Choosing a Career Path as a Military Youth3 minute read • Sept. 9, 2022
If your MilTeen is starting to consider career paths, Military OneSource can help you help them navigate the options. Whether your child is thinking about following in a parent’s military footsteps, going to college or learning a trade, Military OneSource can connect you with the resources and services you need to help your child prepare and make the best-informed choice. Check out the following sources of information and support.
School liaisons are located at each installation to help military-connected students and families address common education challenges. In addition to providing support for students transferring to a new school, school liaisons can also help students prepare for postsecondary opportunities. They can help your student prepare for college, career or military readiness with services that include:
- Test preparation and scheduling
- Scholarship and financial aid information
- Postsecondary opportunities information
- College, vocational and career fairs
- Parent workshops on college and career preparation
Military career options
The military offers a variety of possible career options for your children, including helping them pay for college, learn a job skill they can transfer to the civilian market or pursue a military career for its own benefits. The following articles offer more information about military career options and the benefits of military service:
- Military Jobs: Your Future Career in the Armed Forces
- How the Military Helps Pay for College and Job Training
- Higher Education Is Costly: Military Service Can Keep It Affordable
- Becoming an Office in the Military After College
Military families have several options when it comes to financing their youth’s college or trade school education, including scholarships, Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits, education grants, loans and college savings programs. Your children’s goals are as important as your own, and Military OneSource has your back as you plan for this milestone. For a list of information and resources regarding financing, scholarships, grants and support for students with special needs, visit Higher Education for Your Children – The Essentials.
For more information about how to help your teen prepare for success, check out these other resources available from Military OneSource:
- Youth Employment – The Essentials
- Help Your MilTeen Prep for Success
- Students With Special Needs Transitioning to Adulthood
- Military Parent Resource Center
Military OneSource education consultations
Military OneSource education consultants can also help you explore education options and connect you with services and resources that best meet your child’s and your family’s needs. They can help you locate programs that fit your student’s interests, provide financial aid and scholarship information, and make sure you understand your military benefits. Learn more about education consultants.
Still have questions or need help locating support? The Military OneSource call center is available 24/7 to answer your questions and connect you with the information and services you need to live your best MilLife. Call 800-342-9647, use overseas dialing options or schedule a live chat.