There are two things military spouses should know: 1) change happens and 2) your military community has support to help you make the most of it. That’s especially true when it comes to job-finding and advancing your career. Here are 10 top tips for tapping into services that can help you find a great job:
FlexJobs for Spouses
Find a job that fits your MilLife with a free one-year membership to FlexJobs, a leading career site featuring flexible and remote job openings.
- Speak with a career coach: Military OneSource has career coaches who can help you prepare for a job search. Call 800-342-9647 and speak with a career coach from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., EDT, Monday through Friday or from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT on Saturday.
- Build your individual career plan: Kick off your job search by using the MyICP, an interactive career planning tool, and create a roadmap to achieve your career goals.
- Resume Toolkit: Use this resource to develop a resume that will land you the job. Create your resume today using the MySECO Resume Builder.
- Research occupations: Powered by CareerOneStop, this tool helps you find government statistics on wages and employment trends nationwide.
- The Military Spouse Employment Partnership Job Search on MySECO: Your next job could be a click away. Register today and begin searching for military-friendly employers. The partnership includes more than 390 partners or military-friendly employers.
- Apply for the MyCAA Scholarship: The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides eligible military spouses with up to $4,000 in financial assistance for licenses, certifications or associate degrees to pursue an occupation or career field.
- USAJOBS Employment Portal: Gain insight on the federal application process and apply for federal jobs.
- MilitaryINSTALLATIONS: If you recently had a permanent change of station, contact your new installation’s employment assistance program.
- MilSpouse eMentor Leadership Program: Get career guidance, advice and support from experienced military spouses, career mentors and military-friendly employers. Complete a profile on the MilSpouse eMentor Program site to get started.
- Hiring Our Heroes: This program helps veterans, transitioning military and military spouses connect with job opportunities. Visit the Hiring Our Heroes website to access resources that can boost your online job search.
While you’re searching for a job, be sure to take advantage of MySECO’s interactive employment readiness and career connection tools.