- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Voluntary Education Department of Defense Policy
Military programs are governed by federal law, Department of Defense policy and additional policies specific to the branches of service. Below are the DOD policies that govern voluntary education programs in the military including tuition assistance, Montgomery GI Bill and the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
DOD Directive 1322.08E, “Voluntary Education Programs for Military Personnel,” January 3, 2005, certified as current April 23, 2007 This directive updates policy that establishes voluntary education programs in each of the branches of service and states that the amount of monetary support provided to service members as tuition assistance shall be uniform across the services.
DOD Instruction 1322.19 CE-01, “Voluntary Education Programs in Overseas Areas,” April 23, 2020 This instruction establishes policy, assigns responsibilities and prescribes uniform procedures consistent with DOD Instruction 1322.25 (Reference (d)) for the delivery of voluntary education programs and services provided to service members serving in overseas areas, whether assigned to an enduring or permanent location or deployed to a contingency location.
DOD Instruction 1322.25, “Voluntary Education Programs,” April 2, 2020 This instruction implements policy, assigns responsibilities and prescribes procedures for the operation of voluntary education programs in DOD and establishes the Interservice Voluntary Education Working Group.