- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
The Defense Department Offers Expanded Hourly Child Care Service3 minute read • Feb. 10, 2022
High-quality, affordable and licensed child care is critical for military parents. But the type of child care they need can vary widely. Some families need regular full-time care. Other families need more flexible, on-demand services. Some families need both.
To help meet the growing and diverse needs of military parents, the Defense Department is proud to offer an expanded child care service. Through Military OneSource, military families have free access to a national database of more than a million caregivers so they can find hourly, flexible and on-demand child care. Whether you are looking for in-home child care, a nanny or a babysitter, the search service connects you to the child care resources you need.
The nationally recognized online subscription service lets you:
- Search for care that fits your own needs and criteria
- Find potential care providers and view their profiles
- Check references
- Review background checks
- Interview, hire and pay providers on your terms
How to access the free online service
Use your Military OneSource account to set up your free access to the child care service. Log in to your existing account or create an account to get a unique subscription code and establish your child care service account.
For more information about the online caregiver search service and to register, visit the Military OneSource Expanded Hourly Child Care Options page.
Existing child care options
The online search service is available in addition to existing military child care options such as:
- Finding full-time, on-installation care through MilitaryChildCare.com
- Receiving child care fee assistance for off-installation care through the Defense Department community-based fee assistance program administered through Child Care Aware® of America
In addition to finding affordable and quality care for your child, the DOD and Military OneSource know how important it is for you to ensure your child care provider is licensed and qualified to care for your child. Learn more about this important step in your child care selection process.
Questions? Contact Military OneSource
Have a question about the expanded hourly child care service or need help getting started? Military OneSource consultants are specially trained to help service members and their families set up accounts and get started researching child care options. Reach out 24/7 to schedule a consultation. Call 800-342-9647, use OCONUS dialing options or set up a live chat.