The Tuition Assistance program provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty civilian education programs. TA programs support a soldier’s professional and personal self-development goals. Active-duty officers, warrant officers, enlisted, Army National Guard and reserve can participate in TA.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
TA helps soldiers meet their professional and personal self-development goals. With TA, the Army pays all or a portion of the charges of an educational institution. TA covers tuition and expenses for postsecondary education during off-duty periods. There are established semester hour caps and an annual ceiling for TA.
Use tuition assistance to meet your educational and career goals
Continuing your education can help you achieve your career goals, both inside and outside the military.
Use tuition assistance to save money while continuing your education
Military tuition assistance can save you thousands of dollars per year. Let the military help pay for your college!