Monetary Allowance in Lieu of Transportation, or MALT, pays mileage reimbursement for service members and their dependents during a permanent change of station. When service members and their families move for a PCS move, they can receive MALT for two personally owned vehicles, if they are used. MALT is paid on a per mile basis for the official distance of each portion of the travel.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
MALT can help pay for moving your vehicles
If you drive your own vehicles from one duty station to the next as part of your PCS, you can receive MALT as a per milage reimbursement.
How to access this benefit
More information on the MALT benefit can be found through your local pay office. You can find the contact information for your local pay office through MilitaryINSTALLATIONS.