My Military
OneSource App


Monetary Allowance in Lieu of Transportation

Benefit overview

Monetary Allowance in Lieu of Transportation, or MALT, pays mileage reimbursement for service members and their dependents during a permanent change of station. When service members and their families move for a PCS move, they can receive MALT for two personally owned vehicles, if they are used. MALT is paid on a per mile basis for the official distance of each portion of the travel.

Image of Moving Boxes

MALT can help pay for moving your vehicles

If you drive your own vehicles from one duty station to the next as part of your PCS, you can receive MALT as a per milage reimbursement.

How to access this benefit

More information on the MALT benefit can be found through your local pay office. You can find the contact information for your local pay office through MilitaryINSTALLATIONS.

Learn about military bases worldwide. Get installation overviews, check-in procedures, housing, neighborhood information, contacts for programs and services, photos and more.

Find an Installation