Starting the next chapter of your MilLife? Military OneSource stands ready to help you master your move. In addition to the PCS assistance available from your local installation, you can rely on extra 24/7 support, tools, assistance and more through Military OneSource. Let us connect you to your best PCS ever.
Moving tools and resources
Moving assistance is just a click away, 24/7, with these online tools to help you rule your relocation and get to the best part of your PCS — your new home.
- Use Move.mil to track your household shipments through the Defense Personal Property System website to help you manage your household goods move.
- Learn about your new community with MilitaryINSTALLATIONS. Request a sponsor, connect with other installation and state-related military contacts, and get facts and insight into your new duty station. You can learn important information about your new installation — from check-in procedures to temporary housing to shipping your pets.
- Go to Plan My Move to find information and resources as well as task lists to help you navigate your move.
- Visit Blog Brigade to get a boots-on-the-ground view of PCS experiences and tips from other military families.
- Check this section about Moving on Military OneSource for information about everything from topics like switching schools, career changes and more.
Get assistance at your installation
Get a head start on your next PCS with assistance from your installation. Discover resources, classes and guidance to help you rock your move and get on with your mission. To find your local offices, check out MilitaryINSTALLATIONS.
- Contact the relocation assistance point of contact at your new duty station for information, education and resources.
- The transportation office helps schedule your household goods pack-out and shipment. They’ll handle all the logistics, down to unpacking the last box at your new home.
- Your installation's housing office can walk you through housing options, on or off the installation, and provide information about everything from living expenses to new schools there.
- Your Military and Family Support Center at your new and old installation can link you up with:
- Information on employment opportunities for military spouses, financial counseling or assistance for your family members with special needs
- Relocation counseling and stress management
- Classes and newcomer orientations
- The loan closet until your goods catch up with your move; varies by service and installation
- The Sponsorship Program for service members and their spouses, which assigns someone to show you the ropes at your new duty station
- Connect with your School Liaison Officer who can help your children transition to schools at your new installation.
- If you need childcare, create a profile with MilitaryChildCare.com to search for various child development programs and register for childcare waitlists.
Expert consultations to help with moving, 24/7
Let Military OneSource help with the PCS stress. Our specialty consultants are master’s-level experts trained in the military life. Connect with Military OneSource for assistance anywhere at any time — wherever you are in your relocation or on the road.
- Education counselors can help find the right school for your children and provide all the tools to transfer credits, help with the testing calendar, and get them started at the right level.
- Spouse Education and Career Opportunities, or SECO, helps military spouses continue their careers or find a new job in their new communities.
- Non-medical counseling is available with confidential, no-cost support for stress-related issues for service members and any member of their family. Call anytime to arrange help.
- Spouse relocation and transition specialty consultations can help you avoid mistakes that cost you time and money.
Speak with someone who can help
Anytime you need additional support with your move, reach out. Military OneSource is always ready to assist and always available to connect you with experts who can make this relocation as smooth as possible for you and your family. Call 800.342.9647.
Call 800-342-9647 or Contact Us Online at any time.