Is a PCS on your horizon? Let Military OneSource help make it a power move with 24/7 online tools, resources and expert assistance.
Online tools and resources
Moving help is just a click away with these online planning tools:
- Plan My Move provides service members and their families with customized checklists, information about entitlements, points of contact, education, employment, and more. Answer a few simple questions, and you’re on your way to organizing your move.
- The Sponsorship and You: Sponsorship Awareness course can help you understand the sponsorship program and learn about the resources available to help make your move as easy as possible. The course highlights resources your family needs to prepare for your move in a magazine-style format that allows you to choose topics and articles that most interest you. Check out tips for filing taxes, navigating healthcare changes, connecting to local services and more. The Sponsorship and You: Sponsorship Awareness course is free and available 24/7 through MilLife Learning. Log in to an existing account, or create one using your Common Access Card.
- Explore your new community with MilitaryINSTALLATIONS. Request a sponsor, connect with other installation and state-related military contacts, and learn about your new duty station. From check-in procedures to temporary housing to shipping your pets, MilitaryINSTALLATIONS can help you find the information you need.
- Move.mil is the official Department of Defense customer moving portal. It provides comprehensive information about all aspects of moving, including entitlements, household goods, privately-owned vehicles, weight estimators, scheduling your move and much more.
- Visit Blog Brigade to get a boots-on-the-ground view of PCS experiences and tips from other military families.
- Check out our Moving in the Military section for current information about COVID-19 updates, as well as general information on PCS basics, helping kids cope with moving and more.
Assistance at your installation
Discover the resources, classes and guidance available at your installation to help you power your move and get on with your mission. Find your local offices on the MilitaryINSTALLATIONS website.
- Contact the Relocation Assistance Program at your new duty station for information, education and resources. Learn more about how to put the military’s relocation assistance program to work for you.
- The Transportation Office helps schedule your household goods pack-out and shipment. They’ll handle all the logistics, down to unpacking the last box at your new home.
- Your installation's Housing Office can walk you through housing options, on or off the installation, and provide information about everything from living expenses to new schools.
- The School Liaison Program can assist you and your children with educational and school transitions.
- The Military and Family Support Centers at your new and old installations offer a wide range of resources:
- Information on employment opportunities for military spouses
- Financial counseling
- Assistance for families with special needs
- Relocation counseling, classes and newcomer orientations
- Wellness and resilience education, such as parenting and stress management classes
- Loan closet programs to help with basic home items until your goods catch up with you (varies by service and installation)
- The sponsorship program which assigns a trained service member to show you the ropes at your new duty station
- Child care information – you can also create a profile with MilitaryChildCare.com to search for various child development programs and register for child care waitlists
Expert consultations to help you power through PCS
Let Military OneSource help with the stress of PCS. Our specialty consultants are experts trained in military life. They can help answer questions and connect your family with the resources you need to make your move as easy as possible. Consultants are available anytime, anywhere. Call 800-342-9647 to schedule an appointment, or start an online chat. OCONUS dialing options are also available. You can connect with:
- Education counselors to help find the right school for your children and provide tools to transfer credits, help with the testing calendar and get them started at the right level.
- Spouse Education and Career Opportunities counselors to help military spouses continue their careers or find a job in their new communities. SECO also offers spouse relocation and transition specialty consultations.
- Non-medical counselors for free, confidential support for service members and their families. If you or your family are experiencing moving-related financial or emotional stresses, parenting challenges or transition difficulties, Military OneSource counselors can help.
Let Military OneSource help with your heavy lifting. Anytime you need additional support with your move, reach out. We are always available to connect you with experts, tools and resources to make this relocation as smooth as possible for you and your family.