- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
10 Great Resources for Military Spouse Jobs3 minute read • Dec. 17, 2021
There are two things military spouses typically know: 1) change happens and 2) your military community has support to help you make the most of it. That’s especially true when it comes to job-finding and advancing your career. Here are 10 top tips for tapping into services that can help you find a great job:
FlexJobs for Spouses
Find a job that fits your MilLife with a free one-year membership to FlexJobs, a leading career site featuring flexible and remote job openings.
- Speak with a career coach: Call 800-342-9647 and speak with a SECO career coach from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST Monday through Friday or from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST on Saturday. You can also connect directly with a SECO career professional about your unique career or education needs by clicking the ‘Live Chat’ link at the top of the page. Career coaching services are not available on federal holidays.
- Job Search Navigator and On-Demand Resume Reviews: Two services to ease the pressure by giving you expert resume help and personalized job leads, equipping you with the time and tools to land the position that’s perfect for you.
- Resume Builder: Use this resource to develop a resume that will land you the job. Check out MySTeP to learn more about building your resume using the MySECO Resume Builder.
- Research occupations: Powered by CareerOneStop, this tool helps you find government statistics on wages and employment trends nationwide.
- The Military Spouse Employment Partnership Job Search on MySECO: Your next job could be a click away. Register today and begin searching for military-friendly employers. The partnership includes more than 500 partners and military-friendly employers, and hosts virtual hiring fairs to connect you directly to these employers.
Access spouse support through MySTeP.
Resources to bolster your experience at each step of the journey, from the beginning to the end of your family’s military experience.
- Apply for the MyCAA Scholarship: The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides eligible military spouses with up to $4,000 in financial assistance for the pursuit or maintenance, including continuing education courses, of a license, certification or associate degree necessary to gain employment in an occupation or career field. Spouses can also use funds for national tests to earn course credits required for the degree approved under the program, including the College Level Examination Program tests.
- USAJOBS Employment Portal: Gain insight on the federal application process and apply for federal jobs.
- MilitaryINSTALLATIONS: If you recently had a permanent change of station, contact your new installation’s employment assistance program.
- MilSpouse eMentor Leadership Program: Get career guidance, advice and support from experienced military spouses, career mentors and military-friendly employers. Complete a profile on the MilSpouse eMentor Program site to get started.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Hiring Our Heroes: This program helps veterans, transitioning military and military spouses connect with job opportunities. Visit the Hiring Our Heroes website to access resources that can boost your online job search.
While you’re searching for a job, be sure to take advantage of MySECO’s interactive employment readiness and career connection tools.