- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Safety Planning – Domestic AbuseEpisode By:15 MinutesOct. 10, 2023
Learn what a domestic abuse victim advocate is, what a victim should expect if they contact an advocate and about the available reporting options. You’ll also learn about the risk assessment tool and safety plan, when the planning process begins and if you have to file a report to move forward with a safety plan.
Share your feedback about this podcast as well as ideas for future episodes by visiting the Military OneSource Podcast Feedback Form.
Where can listeners find additional information or support?This episode is part of the Military OneSource Podcast.
Military life topics including deployment, PCS, recreation, relationships, finances, parenting, etc.
Still Need Help? Connect with an expert 24/7/365
We get MilLife and we’re here 24/7 to connect you to the right kind of expert guidance — from quick answers about specific issues, to personalized coaching, to confidential counseling.
SAFETY ALERT: If you need to exit this website in a hurry, click the “Exit Site” button and you will be quickly redirected to Weather.com.
Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear. If you are afraid your internet usage might be monitored, visit the 24/7 Family Advocacy Program Victim Advocate Locator or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800−799−7233.