The Air Force Military Tuition Assistance program provides financial aid for voluntary off-duty education programs. MilTA supports an airman and guardian’s professional and personal self-development goals. MilTA is authorized under Title 10, U.S. Code, Section 2007. It is implemented by Department of Defense Instruction 1322.25, Voluntary Education Programs. Active-duty officers and enlisted members, Air National Guard and activated Air Force Reserve can participate in MilTA.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
This benefits service members by helping them:
- Achieve their professional and personal self-development goals.
- Save money while pursuing their degrees.
Use tuition assistance to meet your educational and career goals
Continuing your education can help you achieve your career goals, both inside and outside the military.
Use tuition assistance to save money while continuing your education
Military tuition assistance can save you thousands of dollars per year. Let the military help pay for your college!
How to access this benefit
To access this benefit, visit your installation voluntary education program or register for the Air Force Virtual Education Center.