The Department of Defense offers military parents a variety of child care services so each military family can find a solution that fits their needs. Military OneSource now provides MilParents another way to find alternative child care options.
New, Free Access to Flexible, Online Child Care Service
Through Military OneSource, military families now have free access to a national database of more than a million caregivers so they can find hourly, flexible and on-demand child care. The nationally recognized subscription service lets you:
- Search based on your own needs and criteria
- Find potential care providers
- Check references
- Review background checks
You can even interview caregivers through the service. It’s easy to access and is a virtual solution allowing you to choose, hire and pay providers on your terms.
About Military OneSource
Military OneSource is your free 24/7 gateway to information, answers and support on parenting and child care in the military. As a Department of Defense-funded program, we put expert confidential help to work for military parents, service members, immediate family and survivors who need a little extra guidance for all things MilLife.Create an Account
Ready to get started?
Use your Military OneSource account to set up your free access to the child care service. Log in to your existing account or create an account using the button below to get a unique subscription code and establish your child care service account.Log in to Access
Steps to Obtain Your Subscription Code
Follow these steps to set up your account for expanded child care options:
- Log in to your Military OneSource account. Don't have an account? Create a free account now, then return to this page.
- After you've logged in successfully, you'll be taken to our Member Connect page where you'll see a unique member code and link. Copy the member code.
- Click on that link to go to the child care service page where you will input your member code and register to set up your account.
- In the future, return directly to the child care service’s homepage to access care and search for providers.
Questions? Contact Military OneSource
Have a question about the new child care offering or need help getting started? Military OneSource consultants are specially trained to help service members and their families set up accounts and get started on researching child care options. Reach out 24/7 to schedule a consultation.
- Navigate military child care options
- Help determine the best option for you
- Connect you to resources and support
- Provide helpful parenting tips
Other Child Care Resources
Request on-installation child care.
MilitaryChildCare.com is a Department of Defense website that helps families in any service branch find and request military-operated child care worldwide. Look for full- or part-time care at facility- or home-based child care programs, including before- and after-school care, or for summer and holidays.
Help manage the expenses for off-installation care with fee assistance.
Child Care Aware of America manages fee assistance programs for the military services and you may be eligible. Visit Child Care Aware of America or call 800-424-2246.