Military OneSource collaborates with a variety of other networks, programs and help lines to ensure you receive the right help for your mental health needs. While Military OneSource does not provide health care services, it does offer non-medical counseling and information about health care services and benefits.
Military Crisis Line
- The Military Crisis Line connects a person in need to a trained counselor with a single phone call or click of a mouse.
- This confidential, immediate help is available 24/7 at no cost to active-duty, Guard and reserve members, their families and friends.
- In the United States call 800-273-8255, then press 1, or access online chat at the Military Crisis Line or by texting to 838255.
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Find information on health insurance and benefits for returning veterans and survivors by visiting the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
- You can also locate the closest VA medical center and learn about the services the VA offers.
- Vet Centers provide readjustment assistance to all veterans who served in any combat zone.
- There are 207 community-based Vet Centers located in the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Installation alcohol and substance use disorder programs
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Mental Health Information Center
USA Cares Warrior Treatment Today
- USA Cares Warrior Treatment Today pays essential household bills while a wounded service member or veteran is attending residential treatment for a traumatic brain injury or PTSD.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255, then press 1, or access online chat by texting to 838255.