TRICARE is the health care program for service members, retirees and their families worldwide. TRICARE provides comprehensive coverage, health plans, special programs, prescriptions and dental plans. Not all plans are available in all locations.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
TRICARE helps service members and families by providing health care coverage.
TRICARE covers health care
TRICARE brings together the health care resources of the Military Health System — such as military hospitals and clinics — with a network of civilian health care professionals, institutions, pharmacies and suppliers.
How to access this benefit
TRICARE offers different health care plans for different situations. There are plans for active-duty service members, their families, reservists, retirees and more. The TRICARE 101 webpage provides links to the available TRICARE plans, eligibility requirements and a care finder. To receive benefits through TRICARE, you must enroll in the plan that matches your situation. You can enroll online through the milConnect website. Click on the Benefits tab, and then click on Beneficiary Web Enrollment. Once enrolled, you will be notified by your regional contractor, and you can log in to milConnect to download your enrollment card. Once processed, you can click Find a Doctor. Call your regional TRICARE contractor with questions or if you have special circumstances.