Housing – Resources
Finding and moving into a new home can be a fun experience, especially when you have the right resources to help you through the process. Military OneSource provides relocation tools, referrals to services and personalized support to make your next move the best one yet.
Plan My Move
- Plan My Move is a Department of Defense relocation tool that allows you to research real estate prices and trends, and compare the cost of living and other statistics between communities.
- Contact the housing office on your installation to begin the process of finding a place to live in your new location and exploring your housing options.
- If you’re living in government quarters now, notify the housing office of your projected move date.
Relocation Assistance Program
- The Relocation Assistance Program provides support to service members and their families including planning assistance, counseling, referrals and education on how to maximize the benefits of a move.
- Relocation professionals can also help answer questions about housing, transportation, household goods, education, employment and children’s adjustments.
- HOMES.mil is a service designed to connect service members and their families with community housing rental listings located near U.S. military bases.
- You can also list your own rental properties.
- Your installation’s finance office can help you plan for the unexpected expenses of moving and determine what relocation benefits you are eligible for.
Personal Financial Management Programs
- The Personal Financial Management Program through your installation provides services that help with budget planning and financial guidance.
- They offer classes, seminars, one-on-one counseling and additional information to educate service members and their families about consumer rights and financial stability.
Military OneSource Financial Counseling
- Military OneSource provides free financial counseling covering housing questions.
- It also covers basic budgeting education, money management help and information on savings, investing and retirement plans.
Legal assistance office
- Your installation's legal assistance office can help in many situations where you may need legal advice or help completing legal documents, such as contracts and lease review, notary services, and consumer advice.
Military and Family Support Center
- Contact the Military Family Support Center at your new destination to learn about available programs and services to help you settle in to your new community.
Defense Travel Management Office
- Visit the Defense Travel Management Office for current allowance tables, per diem rates and tools to help you plan your move.
Military OneSource Specialty Consultations
- Military OneSource offers relocation and transition specialty consultations for spouses to help during military moves.
- A consultant can identify resources and share information on different aspects of housing.
- Borrow essential items from the loan closet of your new military installation – including dishware, toasters and coffee makers - while you’re waiting for your belongings to catch up with you after the move.
Language Interpretation Services
- Military OneSource provides 24-hour simultaneous language interpretations by phone in more than 150 languages.
Military OneSource provides information you need on finding your next home. Call 800-342-9647 for answers to your housing questions. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options. We’re here 24/7 to help you master your next move.