- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
The Defense Department is committed to the health and well-being of military children and families. That’s why DOD teamed with the Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness at Penn State to create a parenting-education program designed to build on parenting strengths you already have and develop new skills as your child grows and changes.
Thrive is a free online program for busy parents like you. Thrive provides evidence-informed, best-parenting guidelines that promote positive parenting, stress management and healthy lifestyle practices. Find out how Thrive can help you raise healthy, resilient children from birth to 18.
How does Thrive work?
Thrive has four universal, interactive parenting modules organized by age groups:
- Take Root: for children ages 0-3
- Sprout: for children ages 3-5
- Grow: for children ages 5-10
- Branch Out: for children ages 10-18
Each module has parenting strategies for your child’s age group. Build on strengths you have and develop new skills as your child grows and changes. Suggestions include how to:
- Find a parenting style that works for your family
- Help your child make good decisions, master new skills and more
- Support your child with positive discipline techniques
- Model an active lifestyle
- Manage stress
- Be a positive role model
- Communicate with your partner or support circle
- Plan and prepare healthy meals
- Manage screen time
Topics throughout the age tracks focus on everyday family moments, highlighting opportunities and addressing challenges so families can thrive. Check out these helpful parent-resource infographics for a sample of the program.
In addition to the regular age-group programming, supplemental modules are added regularly. Find content for exceptional families, grandparents as caregivers, mental health and wellness, and more.
How is Thrive different from other parenting programs?
Thrive grows with your child. The four age-group tracks are free, available in online formats and immediately accessible.
Other benefits of Thrive include:
- It provides program choices that fit your family.
- It promotes social-emotional, cognitive and physical health.
- It is flexible. Pause your session at any time.
- It is interactive and fun.
- It is available to the public and shareable with family members and caregivers.
Whether you are expecting your first baby or raising teens, let Thrive support you along the way. Learn more and enroll in the program today.
Military OneSource is here to support all your parenting needs, from child care and early learning development through school transitions and youth employment. Explore resources such as the Military Parent Resource Center, the New Parent Support Program, parenting and children benefits and other parenting resources available to you. Still have questions? Military OneSource consultants are available 24/7 to assist. Call 800-342-9647, view international calling options or schedule a live chat.