- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Spouse – Resources
As a spouse, you manage the unique challenges of military life. You may take on new roles. You adapt to new schedules. Let Department of Defense resources help you and your family thrive.
The Military Family Readiness System
You may choose to live on or off the installation. Either way, your Military Family Readiness System is your go-to source for support. It’s a network of programs and services. It has resources to help you navigate. Use it to find moving and relocation help and new-parent support. Get financial fitness and career counseling.
Contact your Military and Family Support Center for support and assistance.
- The Military and Family Life Counseling Program is free and confidential. It provides short-term, non-medical counseling. Service members, their families and survivors qualify. Counselors understand military life. They can help you manage it. Reach out with questions. They can be about parenting, moving or deployment. They can be about work or the death of a loved one.
- The Exceptional Family Member Program, or EFMP, offers services and resources for families with special needs. It helps families navigate medical and educational systems. Visit or call your Military and Family Support Center for information and assistance.
- The Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program provides education and career guidance. It’s available to military spouses anywhere in the world. Create and use your MySECO account for resources and tools for all career stages. They include training, job readiness and career connections through the Military Spouse Employment Partnership.
- The MilSpouse Money Mission educates and empowers military spouses. Use it to elevate your family with smart money moves. It offers a Money 101 course and range of tips.
- Plan My Move lets you create custom checklists and guides you through tasks.
- Plan My Deployment helps you prepare for deployment. It breaks down each phase. It provides planning tools and helpful tips.
- MilitaryChildCare.com is a website the Department of Defense sponsors. Use it to find military-owned or approved child care anywhere in the world Fee assistance is available for those who qualify.
- Homes.mil connects service members and their families with community housing rental listings located near military bases.
- EFMP&Me is a digital tool for families with special needs. It provides EFMP information 24/7 for busy military parents. Families can learn about support services, preparing for a move or deployment, education or medical needs, and adjusting to new life situations.
Spouse Community Connections
Want to hear from other spouses? Turn to the Military OneSource Blog Brigade. Military spouses write it for military spouses. It has advice on deployment, parenting and relationships, moving, careers and more.
Follow social media for military spouses on:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DoDMilSpouse
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DoDMilSpouse
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dodmilspouse
Military OneSource is a great resource for information and services. It is available 24/7 anywhere in the world. Access it online or by phone. Call 800-342-9647, or use OCONUS dialing options.
Here are some articles on popular topics.
- Military Child Care Programs
- MilParent Power is Help for Parents
- Military Deployment Support
- Personal Financial Management
Let the Department of Defense help you find the resources you need to navigate military life.