- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
MilParent Power Toolkit
The Defense Department has many tools and resources for strengthening and supporting parents in the military community. Parenting is a tough job, and all parents need help at some point. The best parents know how to find help when they need it.
MilParent Power is one more way to get free help. This toolkit of resources and information offers tips and easy-to-adopt, research-informed practices to level up your parenting skills and help you be at your best.
Get started: Review ideas and tips for parents.
Review these 20 MilParent Power tips. Try out one each day. If you make it through all 20 days, start at the top again.
Text Tips for MilParents
Get parenting tips texted to your phone twice a week for 10 weeks starting in May. To opt in, text “MilLife Parenting” to 468311.
*Button only works on mobile devices
Find your local military support programs. You can use your ZIP Code or installation name to find the contact information for these programs through MilitaryINSTALLATIONS.
- The New Parent Support Program provides supportive home visits to expectant parents and the parents of young children. The program provides local, in-person guidance to steer you through those first years.
- Child and Youth Registration and Referral is where you can find, research and register for child care through the Child Development Center or in a private home. You can also discover and register your child for a wide variety of youth programs — including arts, sports, education and leadership.
- Military Family Support Center offers local parenting classes, an introduction to installation services, spouse employment and career opportunities, personal financial management classes, deployment resources and more.
Level up: Check out products for parents.
- Order Baby Wheels for mothers and fathers, in English and Spanish, to help you know what to expect from your baby at each stage of their development.
- Watch videos on Pandemic Parenting with the experts from Zero to Three:
Earn bonus points: Share this info in your community.
- MilParent Power fact sheet
- MilParent Power poster (8.5″ x 11″)
- MilParent Power poster (16″ x 20″)
- MilParent Power banner (48″ x 18″)
Ready for more? Check out the Military Parent Resource Center for more ways to level up your parenting skills.