Top Military OneSource Parenting Resources
You have a busy life working, caring for the kids, cleaning the house, running carpool and making dinner. Military OneSource understands that and does your homework for you. We highlight the latest resources, information and advice on parenting so that you don’t have to spend hours at the computer on your downtime looking up services. Your Family Readiness System, through the Military OneSource website, has some of the best parenting resources out there.
New baby? Child with special needs? Bored teenager? There are resources for these situations and many others. Check out the top resources for busy parents on the Military OneSource website:
- Military OneSource Parenting and Children page — On the Parenting and Children page you can find great information on adoption, parenting skills and child development stages, as well tips for dealing with grief and loss, divorce, bullies, routines and discipline.
- New Parent Support Program — New and expecting parents can build a network of support with the New Parent Support Program. Manage those first few years with access to trained staff who can answer parenting questions, provide home visits or even set you up with supervised playgroups and parenting classes.
- Exceptional Family Member Program — Don't go it alone. If you have a child with special needs, check out the Exceptional Family Member Program page on Military OneSource. Read a collection of articles with specific assistance and resources for military family members with special needs.
- Military child care programs — Child care that's high quality and affordable? Yes, please. This article explains how to locate quality, affordable child care in your community, both on and off the installation.
- Safe sleep environments for your infant — Learn how to teach your child good sleeping habits by setting a bedtime routine and making your infant's sleeping environment safe.
- Department of Defense child and youth programs — Explore a wide range of Department of Defense child and youth programs, which can help your child make friends, stay active and develop new skills.
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation — Need some fresh and fun ideas for family activities or your next family trip? Connect with your Morale, Welfare and Recreation Program. From fitness and sports to tickets and travel, MWR has something for everyone. Visit MilitaryINSTALLATIONS to locate your local MWR and get active and have fun with your family.
Parenting is easier and more fun when you have a network of support. Let Military OneSource be yours.