Moving Your Personal Property
The Defense Personal Property Program provides quality moving and storage services to Defense Department and Coast Guard personnel and their families.
Moving Season 2022: Personal Property Support
- Online Tools
- Guides and FAQs
- Videos and podcasts
- Forms and fact sheets
- Local Transportation Offices
- DPS Help Desk
- POV shipping and storage
- Service branch moving assistance
Ready to schedule your move?
The Defense Personal Property System, DPS
DPS allows you to schedule your move, track your shipment or file a claim:Log in to DPS
Scheduled Maintenance DPS will undergo scheduled maintenance every Friday from 7 p.m. CST until Saturday, 5 a.m. CST. During this time, the system will be unavailable to all users.
- Hurricane Ian Special Notice
- Managing Capacity Issues Impacting the 2022 Moving Season
- COVID-19 Guidance When Moving Personal Property
- Passenger and Pet Transportation for PCS Moves
- Alert Message From Air Mobility Command: Pet Travel on Patriot Express
- Privately Owned Vehicle, or POV, Proof of Ownership Changes - effective April 1, 2022
- Update on POV Storage Reimbursement Amounts
Spotlight: New 2022 Resources
Factsheets and guides
Videos and podcasts
Coming in 2024: Global Household Goods Contract
Get news and updates on the Global Household Goods Contract designed to improve the relocation process for you.
Arranging a Personal Property Shipment
Review the steps that occur before packing even begins. Learn about things you can do while you wait for official orders, such as understanding different kinds of moves and shipments and how to use the Defense Personal Property System.
Learn about the amount and type of items you are allowed to move for both PCS and temporary duty assignments.
Managing Your Moving Days
Read an overview of what you can expect to happen during the loading, transport and delivery of a normal household goods shipment.
Understanding Moving Claims
Review details about filing different kinds of moving claims, including compensation for lost or damaged property, as well as expenses incurred due to a lapse in service.