The DOD Wounded, Ill, and/or Injured Compensation and Benefits Handbook for Service members of the Armed Forces is a handbook created by the DOD in partnership with other federal agencies. The handbook provides service members and their support networks with a reference guide to answer some of the most pressing questions that arise for wounded, ill, and/or injured members.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
This benefit helps wounded, ill, or injured service members and their families by providing information and links to resources to support them.
Use the Handbook to find government programs and resource to support you
There are a lot of government and non-government resources available, but it can be difficult to know where to begin. The C&B Handbook can help you find government programs and resources they can use during this journey.
How to access this benefit