Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance, or FSGLI, offers coverage for the spouse and dependent children of service members covered under full-time SGLI.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
This benefit provides up to a maximum of $100,000 of coverage for a spouse, not to exceed the service member’s SGLI coverage, and $10,000 for each dependent child. Dependent children get free coverage.
FSGLI can help cover costs for the death of a family member
Deaths in the family can be expensive. And when you’re going through that kind of grief, the last thing you want to worry about is the financial aspect. With FSGLI, you can focus on your family.
How to access this benefit
Civilian spouses of service members signed up for full-time SGLI are covered under FSGLI automatically. The premium for the coverage is deducted automatically from the service member’s pay.
Military spouses married on or after Jan. 2, 2013 are not automatically covered. Service members need to enroll their spouses through the SGLI Online Enrollment System. through milConnect.